I've recently been playing Dungeon Mastering for Dungeons and Dragons 3.5. (In my opinion the best Dungeons and Dragons edition. Savage Worlds is still better.)
I think the game went well, I have a group of 6 players some are veteran players some are novice players. This session led to encounters with thieves and wererats.
The players were introduced to this session by watching a collector for a protection racket shake down a bowyer. At first I wondered if they were even going to take this bone. If they didn't like that plot hook it would have been okay, I've other hooks to use. The players took the bait and followed the collector back to the guild house.
When the players followed this plot hook I expected them to defend the bowyer's shop. In retrospect I should have anticipated that the players would take the direct approach to the encounter. (There's a couple characters who's idea of subtly is tapping you on the shoulder before bisecting you with a great sword.) Rather than defend the shop, the characters went the guild house and argued with the gate guard about why they should be allowed to enter. While the other characters were arguing with the guards. The thief broke into the building on a scouting mission. After giving up on convincing the guards to let them in and after failed attempts to break in the door the other characters followed the thief into the building and triggered every alarm in the building and ended up fighting thief guards backed up by the real power of the guild the wererats.
When I tossed the wererats at the players I expected them to have to flee the fight. Instead they ended up killing 18 of the rats and using almost all of their effective magic. With more rats on the way they retreating out of the building and informing the authorities of the situation who responded by sending a couple of wizards to destroy the building by a couple of “meteor swarm” spells.
They now have the continuing gratitude of the city's prince, and a dead wererat's head. In the party is a necromancer who informed the wererat that the dead have loose lips. I'm curious to see where they go with it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Twas a lot of fun! We need to play again.. GET 'ER DONE!!
Post a Comment