I finally got an agent to read my manuscript. He said it was the worst thing he has ever read. He loved it. He thinks it will sell, “like hotcakes given the state of reading in the United States.” I think he's French.
He gave me some suggestion on how to “improve” the manuscript making the book more suitable for an American audience. Jacques, the agent, gave me a deadline of a couple of months to get the work done. He said that it needs a complete rewrite. According to Jacques the plot is too strong said he, “You haven't lead your readers enough by the hand. You have to railroad them to the conclusion or Americans won't understand.”
I don't think that Jacques appreciates the artistry of my work. So, now I must make a choice do I compromise my work, or do I sell out for a boatload of cash?
Thursday, April 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I think to get your first book published you do what you can and then when you are in demand you do what you want.
Good luck!
I just thought I would take a page from "Google's" Book and write a bogus blog entry in celebration of April Fools.
Post a Comment