I have a new addiction, I have found that I enjoy building terrain for RPG miniatures. This is an outgrowth of my obsession with role playing games in general. Think of terrain as a playing board for Role playing games.
Two Sundays ago My Mother in law opened up a new DVD player. I took the Styrofoam packaging. A couple of days later the Styrofoam looked like it could be made into a bridge. I spent the next couple of days carving the foam cutting it so it looked like it was made from field stones. Some painting later and I think it looks pretty good. I have yet to completely finish so I have no pictures at this time.
I would like to build more terrain items out of foam. Eventually I would like to have reusable modular rooms and hallways that can be used to construct "Dungeons."
Monday, March 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Pretty cool!
I want to see it.
I was Eying some Styrofoam at work recently.
I know myself though, if I even started that it would be totally out of control—when I do a thing, I want to do it right.
That, and I would have no place to store it.
I think I am already out of control.
I found a site that sells molds to make plaster bricks that can be used to make terrain. I would love to use those but can't afford to by the molds.
I have to settle for salvaged Styrofoam. My landlord owns a furniture store. They will give me all the foam I want.
Nerd :)
Post a Comment