Inspired by a friend of mine (Richard) I purchased a new Role Playing Game book. The book is for the “Savage Worlds” game. It looks like and interesting gaming system. The rules look very simple and the game looks like it was designed for fast play. The rules are set up to cover any Genre. Tiffany wants me to work on a pirate adventure. I have been toying with a scenario in which Zombies attack our apartment building. Both games can be played with the same system. Cool huh.
But, that’s not the real reason that I am writing this blog. The real reason, I had an adventure in just getting the book. I bought the book on Saturday by Monday some of the pages were starting to come out of the binding. This is not really a problem as I was just going to have Kinko’s cut off the spine and have the book spiral bound.
I took the book to Kinko’s on Monday, they told me they could have it bound while I waited. So I was just chatting back and forth with the Guy who was doing the work. While he was punching the holes for the binding the said Oops.
Oops is never a good thing and I told him as much. He said, “No it’s not. I will show you what happened in just a second.”
The man continued to punch the holes once completed he brought it over for me to inspect. One section of the book had not been aligned correctly causing the holes to walk off the edge of the page. Only about the bottom third of the page could be correctly bound.
The man was obviously not happy about his work. He did suggest a couple of cosmetic fixes but still he was not pleased. I was not pleased with his work. I asked him for his suggestion. He sent me back to the Hobby store where I purchased the book to by another copy on his dime. I then brought back the book to his store where he rebound the book for me. When I told asked him how much I owed him he refused payment.
Who says Customer service is dead. I will be going back to that Kinko’s in the future.
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm glad they took care of you!
I think a pirates game would be fun!!
Post a Comment